It just takes a research meeting in San Antonio to bring the NREC-funded research to the forefront of the agronomy world.
We have worked closely with Cover Crop experts and our partners at the Illinois Fertilizer & Chemical Association to publish an updated Cover Crop Guide. Our original Cover Crop Guide was widely distributed and helped farmers make informed decisions about getting started with Cover Crops. This guide is updated with the latest science and includes links to other resources which can help make the best decisions.
Additional copies can be requested by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/wryR4Cf7T6PFZUbi6
Join us for this FREE event and learn what SIU researchers are working on to benefit you on the farm
Illinois NREC works closely with our funded researchers to identify the most advanced tools available to help us better understand the fate of nitrogen fertilizers. Learn more about this important tool and see preliminary results.
Field Day presentations include:
- Integrating Wheat as a Cover Crop for N Management in Corn Cropping Systems
- Impacts of Cover Crops and Saturated Buffers on Water Quality
- To Graze or Not to Graze – Cover Crops
- Soil Metabiome: Impact on seedling diseases of soybean
- The Use of Cover Crops in Integrated Weed Management